Mass at St. Patrick, Anamosa for Saturday, 1/15/2022
Daily Mass Schedule:
Tuesday 8:30 am
Wednesday 8:30 am
Friday 8:30 am
Regular Weekend Mass Schedule:
Saturday 4:00 pm
Sunday 10:30 am
Holy Day schedules will be announced in the bulletin.
Daily Mass will be canceled when school is delayed or canceled due to inclement weather.
Mass will not ordinarily be canceled due to weather conditions. However, in exceptional circumstances such as extreme weather conditions, power outage, or facility problems it may be necessary to cancel Mass. In such cases, information about cancellation will be made available on local network television: ABC, NBC and CBS.
Offering a Mass for a special intention is a long-standing tradition in the Catholic Church. It is usually considered that special graces are obtained for whom the Mass is said. Masses are offered for many reasons; for the souls in purgatory or in remembrance for someone who is deceased, or someone who is ill or having a special occasion.
A Mass Intention may be set for:
- A deceased loved one
- A living person who is sick or suffering
- A living person who is celebrating a birthday, anniversary or other special moment in their life;
- In thanksgiving to God (including the Lord Jesus or the Holy Spirit);
- In thanksgiving for a favor granted through the intercession of a Blessed or a Saint;
- For a prayer intention (so long as the intention does not contradict Church teaching)
A Mass Intention may not be set for:
- An unknown or “private” intention;
- A prayer intention that contradicts Catholic moral doctrine
If you would like to have a Mass said for someone, stop in or call the Parish Office and the bookkeeper will help you with the dates and times that are available. Mass Intentions are published weekly in the Sunday bulletin. Mass Intentions are a personal donation, but the suggested amount is $10. This signifies the sacrificial nature of giving of something of yourself to associate more intimately with Christ who offers himself in the Eucharist.